As you know, I’m still in Hong Kong and have been indulging in traditional chinese dishes. Instead of drinking my Vita-mix blended Green Monster shake (kale, ginger, apple & protein), I have been having healthy soups and veggies for breakfast instead. Buk Choy and mushrooms are nutrient rich and contain cancer-fighting compounds that are very popular items on the chinese menu, so I thought that I would showcase a similar like recipe for you to try as well.
- 3-4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 bok choy , chopped
- 5-6 scallions (green onions), sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Saute garlic and mushrooms in sesame oil and soy sauce for a few minutes
- Throw in your buk choy and scallions for a few more minutes
- Pour vegetable broth and ginger on top and lower heat
- Simmer for 10 minutes
As you can see from this recipe, Asian cuisine takes minimal time and provides so much nutrients. I love this dish alone, but feel free to top it over some whole grain rice or even some rice noodles.