In the last post, I showcased a delicious tasting menu that I was lucky to enjoy at Pepperoncinis Sotto of Phoenixville, PA. One of my favorite dishes of the menu was the refreshing, yet comforting Arugula salad. This salad was so good, that I had to try to remake it at home. This may not be the exact recipe, but I thought it came really close!
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons canola/ olive oil
- Salt n Peppa
- 4 cups Arugula greens
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 cup sliced radish
- 1/2 cup halved Kalmata olives
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 2 oz shaved parmesan or to your liking
- For the Salad prep, toss the first five ingredients in a large bowl and mix
- For the dressing, you can either purchase already made citrus vinaigrette or make your own by mixing all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours.
I like a little more protein with my salad, so I usually throw in a few ounces of grilled chicken, sardines or even grilled calamari.