Researchers from the State University of Rio de Janeiro studying the impact of fruit intake on weight loss found that overweight women who ate just 300 grams of apples or pears – that’s the equivalent of three small fruits a day – lost more weight on a low-calorie diet than women who didn’t add fruit to their diet.
I admit that I’m a pack rat especially when it comes to my purse. My bag is filled with daily essentials like hand sanitizers, tooth brush & floss, tea bags and on the go snacks. One of the snacks that you’ll always find deep in my bag is a delicious apple. Not only are apples delicious, but they’re packed with benefits for boosting energy level, suppressing my appetite making it sweet and simple to maintain my waistline and antioxidants that improving my skin.
Check out more fascinating facts below:
- Rich in Vitamins and minerals
- Rich in Vitamin C which helps boost immune system and promote collagen production and hair growth.
- Low in fat and calories. An apple averages 70-100 calories
- Fiber & water packed promoting better digestion and suppressing appetite
- Rich in Flavonoids and antioxidants that can prevent cardiovascular disease
- Shown to have anti cancerous properties
- Rich in phenols that help in reducing bad cholesterol and increasing good cholesterol
- Nature’s mouth wash. It’s juice can kill 80% of bacteria and help prevent tooth decay
- Considered a low GI food
- Contains phytonutrients to prevent neuro diseases like Alzheimer’s
- Contain quercetin a free radical and cancer fighter