Starting the new year off on the right foot, I decided to research low carb recipes to incorporate in my meals. I love me some mushrooms and I love me some mashed cauliflower, so I figured why not combine them. End result was scrumptious!
This recipe is great if you’re watching your carb intake and still looking for a satisfying meal.
Let’s cook it up!
- 6 Portabella mushrooms
- 1 head of Cauliflower
- Salt n Peppa
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup non fat sour cream
- 1 cup low fat grated mozzarella
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- oil spray
- Pre heat the oven at 350 degrees
- Steam your cauliflower until soft and mushy. Mash it up.
- Mix in minced garlic, chives, sour cream, butter and cheese. Blend concoction until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Spray your pan with oil spray
- Salt n Peppa your portabella halves and lay them on pan.
- Scoop your cauliflower mixture into the mushrooms. Don’t be afraid to stack it a little high.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. I like to get them a little brown and crispy.
- I like to combine my mushrooms with some greens like broccoli rabe or garlic spinach. If you’re honey needs some carbs, place your concoction on top of a bed of linguine.
- I love to cook!