There’s just something cozy and comforting about a good hearty breakfast especially with the one you love.
This next recipe was inspired by two sources. The first one is Lean Bodies, a motivational fitness site, and the second is Chef Annie from Annie’s Eats. The concoction is appealing to the eyes and tastefully pleasing to the tongue but I tweeked it a little bit to reduce some calories and add a little more fiber for you!
Check out this easy recipe:
- eggs or egg whites
- whole grain english muffins
- low fat/ low sodium turkey bacon
- low fat shredded mozzarella (optional)
- spray butter or olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a pan, grill turkey bacon until medium cooked (not crispy)
- spray a cupcake pan well to avoid sticking
- lay and squeeze in 1/2 of english muffins on the bottom
- wrap turkey bacon along outside of pan
- crack open 1 egg on top off muffin and in between bacon strips
- sprinkle cheese on top
- Bake for 6-10 minutes
Mmmmm…. Bacon, egg & Toast cups are welcome in my mouth anyday!
I like to make these with a side of sauteed spinach and mushrooms and maybe a few orange wedges.
How can you have a bad day after a meal like that!