I stumbled upon the next concoction while searching for meals that contained cayenne or black pepper, spices that have been shown to aid in weight loss.
The Chef is GingerlyJ, a 25 year old wife, mom and business owner. She began to cook with her Grandmother at age 5 and watched her mother run a deli. After GingerlyJ’s mother passed at age 17, she was inspired to write a cook book and now running her own successful catering business. click here to connect to her Twitter page.
Not only is this recipe full of fat blasting ingredients like cayenne, ginger and garlic, but it’s also low in carbs and fat! Now, that’s my kinda meal!
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 8 ounces flaked crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped red sweet pepper
- 1/4 grated carrots
- 1/4 cup low fat/ fat free mayo
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Toast coconut in a pan or microwave 3-4 minutes in microwave
- In a bowl, combine crab, ginger, scallion, red pepper, carrot, lemon juice, mayo, egg, rice vinegar, and garlic
- mix well
- combine bread crumbs and cayenne and mix again
- sprinkle half of coconut flakes on a plate or board
- using a spoon, or ice cream scoop, create even size portions and form into balls
- roll the balls into coconut flakes and place on baking sheet
- sprinkle remaining coconut flakes on top
- bake for 20 minutes until golden brown
I would definitely serve this on a bed of ginger sauteed buk choy or chinese broccoli.