Sometimes your taste buds just can’t stop craving sweets, but you feel guilty reaching for those fattening muffins because you just worked so hard at the gym. No fear fitness friends! I have just a sweet surprise that will satisfy you and keep your waistline small.
I’m a coconut junky and I’ve always loved MACAROONS! I recently came across this guilt-free, low carb, zero sugar macaroon recipe that tastes delicious!
- 2 cups of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweetener: splenda, stevia or equal
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Apply parchment paper on baking pan
- Mix all ingredients well and let concoction sit for a few minutes
- Form your little coconut balls and place in pan (about 14)
- Turn down heat to 325 and bake for 15 minutes
Each little macaroon holds around 80 calories, 2 grams of protein and 1 gram of Net carbs. I love a little macaroon with some unsweetened chocolate almond milk! Mmmmm