On Friday, I posted an article about the powerful anti-oxidants found in red-fleshed fruits. I was inspired to search around for a simple and tasty recipe that featured red plums and preferably some protein to create a well-balanced meal.
I found this recipe that combines protein-packed shrimp, anti-oxidant rich plums and other interesting flavors.
- 1 lb raw shrimp
- 2 plums, cut into wedges
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- Salt n Peppa
- Kebab skewer sticks
- Turn grill up on medium heat
- In a bowl, mix oil, lime juice and salt n peppa
- Save 3 tbsp of dressing for later
- Toss shrimp and plums in the bowl and marinate
- Hook up your skewer with shrimp-plum-shrimp-plum-shrimp
- Grill the kebab four minutes on each side
- Place on a plate and pour remaining dressing on top
These low fat kebabs incorporate sweet and sour flavors that will satisfy your taste buds while providing your body with muscle boosting protein and anti-oxidants. Serve this on a bed of fresh spinach salad and enjoy!
Mmm mm good!