So I’m sure almost all my ladies were dragged into watching the championship football game where the Eagles lost to the Cardinals. I was also invited to a football party, but I actually enjoyed it. Why? Because it was an excuse to pull out my secret lamb recipe… And yes, everyone was drueling! Yay! Isn’t it so fulfilling when people enjoy your cooking?
Let’s get in the kitchen!
- 1 leg of lamb
- 1 Garlic Bulb
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Salt n Peppa
- 1/4 cup of Za’atar: thyme, oregano, marjoram, sesame seeds, salt, cumin, coriander, fennel seed. You can get this at an international market or order it online. It comes blended, but if you can’t find it then try to get the herbs separate.
- Oven bag (usually made for roasting chickens)
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees
- Clean your lamb and trim some of the fat off. I like to keep most of it on for flavor but I’ll avoid eating it after it’s done. Don’t worry about the fat going to waste, because the guys seem to love the fatty part.
- Chop up your fresh garlic and insert them into your leg of lamb. I like to poke them everywhere. You can never have too much garlic!
- Rub down the lamb with the Olive oil.
- Season the lamb with Za’atar, cinnamon, Salt n Peppa.
- Place the leg in the oven bag and place in the oven to start roasting.
- After 30 minutes, lower the heat to 350 degrees and cook for another hour and a half for a “medium to well” lamb.
- I like to shorten the time by 15 minutes to get a more medium, to medium rare leg of lamb.
- Remove the roast and let it sit for 15 minutes so the juices will settle and keep cooking the meat.
- Your house will have the most amazing aroma floating around and your sweetheart will hover over the leg of lamb impatiently until you serve him.
Try serving this with some whole grain couscous, chickpeas and spinach… or whatever you desire! It doesn’t matter because all you will want to eat is that lamb.